The website Magical Quote has created a new Bukowski quotes video, called “51 Popular Charles Bukowski’s Quotes.” This is a quote video that is actually worth watching, for both the content and the execution. The words come mostly from his novels, short story collections, and poetry.
YouTube is full of quote videos, and many of them are painful to watch. You struggle through the cheesy fades and the lack of concern for design in hopes of stumbling upon a rare quote that makes it worth the effort.
More often than not, you end up with the quotes you’ve already seen elsewhere a million times, mixed in with the odd misquote.
Thankfully, this is a solid collection of Charles Bukowski quotes, and they even cite the sources.
Quotes from the following sources:
- Notes of a Dirty Old Man (1969)
- Hot Water Music (1983)
- You Get So Alone at Times That it Just Makes Sense (1986)
- Women (1978)
- What Matters Most is How Well You Walk Through the Fire (1999)
- The Last Night of the Earth Poems (1992)
- The Captain is Out to Lunch and the Sailors Have Taken Over the Ship (1998)
- The Most Beautiful Woman in Town & Other Stories (1983)
- Reach for the Sun: Selected Letters, Vol 3 (1999)
- Tales of Ordinary Madness (1983)
- Factotum (1975)
- Ham on Rye (1982)
- The Flash of Lightning Behind the Mountain (2003)
- Hollywood (1989)
- The Night Torn Mad With Footsteps (2001)
- Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame (1974)
- The People Look Like Flowers at Last (2007)
- Love is a Dog From Hell (1977)
- Barfly (1984)
- Interview with London Magazine (Dec. ’74 – Jan. ’75)
- Sifting Through the Madness for the Word, the Line, the Way (2003)
- War All the Time (1984)